Thursday, January 1, 2009

Meeerrrrrryyyy New Year! 2008 Year in Review

Talking about YouTube - Merry New Year!


That is one of Wes' favorite movies, and we always wonder how many people really get it when we tell them "Merry New Year!" Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve. Ours was great, minus the fact that I have this terrible sinus thing going on right now that I am desperately trying to prevent from being a bad infection. I was so glad that we didn't make big plans for the night b/c I would have cancelled them :( I even broke down today and bought a neti pot to irrigate my sinuses. It helped briefly, but then stopped up again. Oh well - at least my ears are finally unclogged for the most part.


Wes and I spent the night relaxing and enjoying a great meal - prime rib and shrimp :D We watched football, rang in the New Year with Dick Clark, and watched a couple of crazy people on ESPN flip a car and jump a motorbike onto and off of the Arc outside Paris in Las Vegas...I really wonder about those people!!!

So far 2009 had been very productive for us. Luke's room now has the first coat of paint on it!



It's hard to tell, but the color is called "oatmeal." It's a medium brown. I think we are going to get white furniture. I know it's a little late and we need to get on the ball and order it, but time has just slipped away from us. I really like the color, and I think we are going to do a jungle or animal theme in there, so it should look really cute.



Also, we have been on a roll exercising, thanks to the great Christmas present from my parents and my brother and his wife - a Wii! We've been Wii Fit'n it every day. It's so much fun that you don't realize some of the things are exercise until the next day when you're sore, lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll get some new pics of Jackson up soon :)

Here's a review of 2008:

January - I was settled back in at work, and Wes was starting his second year of school. Jackson was 3 months and already rolling over! It snowed!!! In Alabama!!!






Feb - Jackson was laughing and smiling at everything and everyone! We took him to the beach for the first time.







March - Wes turned 30! It snowed AGAIN - we couldn't believe it. Wes and I got the garden started in the back yard. Jackson was crawling primitively- and he hasn't stopped moving since, lol.











April - Jackson turned 6 months! We went away for the weekend for the first time and left Jackson with Grandma and Granddad. Jackson got some teeth :D And tried rice cereal for the first time.






May - Jackson learned to crawl up the steps - thanks to Grandma! The garden was growing great. We took Jackson to the farmer's market for the first time. I made all of Jackson's baby food from scratch (well, minus the cereal).









June - We went to the beach - Cape San Blas. Jackson absolutely loves the water and is fearless crawling around in the sand. I turned 29.





July - We found out Jackson would be a big brother and bought a condo in Orange Beach! Jackson was getting lots more teeth and trying many more foods. He liked everything we fed him, except black eyed peas. He was pulling up and trying to walk already - and getting into everything ;)




August - I am sick as a dog and taking zofran daily - yuck! Much worse this time around than it was with J. Wes got inducted into Gamma Beta Phi. Jackson is growing like a weed tall, but still pretty skinny because he runs around nonstop all day. We go to the Plains for first game of what we thought would be a promising season - we were wrong :(











September - Back to the beach for a couple of weekends :) And Aunt Phyllis got to come for a visit. Jackson starts walking even though he'd been teasing us for months (and we could've waited a few more months for it to happen, lol). Noel Mark and Joanna stopped by for a visit and more Auburn games :) Jackson started playschool 2 days a week at our church. I am starting to show a little bit and still feeling sick daily.










October - Happy 1st B'day, Jackson! The weather is great and we are taking Jackson to the park or just the backyard as often as we can. I finally quit feeling to bad stop taking the zofran. We find out Jackson will have a baby brother!















November - More trips to Auburn :) We spent Thanksgiving at the beach and the weather was perfect. Jackson ran around on the beach every day. I'm definitely showing and into maternity clothes.










December - Jackson's 2nd Christmas. We discover there is something that the child fears - Santa! He has no clue about opening presents and would much rather sit on them or carry them around the house. He left the tree alone (for the most part) and only played with his ornaments and loved to stare out the window at the outside lights It was a great year for us!!!


5 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the color of the room and am likin' the jungle theme!

Enjoyed your year in review. Happy New Year!

Jennie said...

What a busy year! And Jackson has grown so much! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Heather said...

Tammy, I wasn't sure how I wanted to sum up the year, but I got this idea from Beth's blog :)

Leesa said...

I love all of the pictures. I can't believe that I haven't seen you guys in such a long time.

Ali said...

I love your year in review!!! :) It was a busy but wonderful year your way it seems!